Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Exim User's Mailing List
To: Marc Sherman
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
[ On Friday, June 17, 2005 at 08:54:27 (-0400), Marc Sherman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
>
> Tony wrote a patch that allows Submission mode to fix up the envelope
> sender, so you can require your customers to use authentication when
> submitting through your servers, and ensure the bounces go to their
> authenticated account on your server, not some arbitrary envelope from
> set by their MUAs.

Sorry, but that won't help -- these users still forward the mail to
their local AUTH name out to their hosted domain and so their bounces
must still be delivered off-site to servers that refuse to accept them.

We could try to force these users to retrieve mail from their local
mailboxes too, but you know how well that'll fly.... (not at all)

--
                        Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@???>