Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Exim User's Mailing List
To: Walt Reed
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
[ On Friday, June 17, 2005 at 09:27:21 (-0400), Walt Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
>
> No, Exim should NOT be made more difficult to configure.

I didn't say it hould be more difficult to configure. I said it should
make it more difficult to do such stupid things with such core critical
error handling features of the protocol.

> Shunning hosts
> with improperly configured mail servers is a much better solution. Anyone
> rejecting all bounce messages has deliberatly configured their server to
> do so.

Sure, that's all fine and well, but if Exim continues to tie hangman's
nooses around naive people's necks and suggest they yell "Giddiup!" to
their horse then something's wrong with Exim, not with those poor
hapless souls.

Other mailers don't make this error quite so easy and enticing.

That said though, if the really big culprit here is only cPanel then
they deserve even more ire, fire, and flame, but correcting the fault in
Exim that makes this so easy would still help force them to at least see
the error of their ways.

--
                        Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@???>