Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Exim User's Mailing List
To: Randy Bush
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
[ On Friday, June 17, 2005 at 12:22:17 (+0100), Randy Bush wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
>
> > An extremely large number of domains fronted by Exim are now refusing
> > bounce messages ...
> > In any case whatever feature it is in Exim that allows sites to
> > implement such a blatantly stupid and damaging policy really needs to be
> > completely removed, and quickly; though I have no idea how to convince
> > these abusers to upgrade to a version that prevents their trashing of
> > the protocol.
>
> aren't you the guy who wants to reject smtp sessions
> attempting to deliver mail addressed to postmaster?
>
> if you're going to be rabid, at least be consistently
> so.

I didn't say junk masquerading as a bounce couldn't be rejected.

However I did say "valid bounces" should not so easily be rejected.

That's 100% consistent with rejecting junk to the postmaster too.

Pay attention Randy! ;-)

--
                        Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@???>