Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are ref…

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] a large number of domains fronted by Exim are refusing bounces...
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:03:01AM -0400, Greg A. Woods said:
> An extremely large number of domains fronted by Exim are now refusing
> bounce messages (i.e. empty envelope sender addresses). This seems to
> be some relatively new thing (last few months?) that many large hosting
> providers are doing -- some claim to be handling as many as 70,000
> domains or more.

[ snip ]

> In any case whatever feature it is in Exim that allows sites to
> implement such a blatantly stupid and damaging policy really needs to be
> completely removed, and quickly; though I have no idea how to convince
> these abusers to upgrade to a version that prevents their trashing of
> the protocol.

Come on Greg, you don't recognize the results of an acl by now? This is
not by any means default behavior. I'm sorry their behavior offends,
but I'm not sure what you think this has to do with exim, besides
"It's so flexible, you can break the rules".

Take care, and relax a little,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Success is something I will dress for   |
|  steve@???             | when I get there, and not until.        |