Re: [exim] Is Exim easier to customize than Postfix?

Author: Lena
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Is Exim easier to customize than Postfix?
> From: Frank Abel Cancio Bello

> One can read everywhere that Exim is more flexible than Postfix. I'm
> interpreting those comments as: "out the box Exim can be more customized as
> well as flexible than Postfix just changing configuration variables".

Exim config contains much more than just variables.
In Exim config you can write quite complicate programs
even not using Perl and dynamically-loaded modules. For examples:
https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/BlockCracking
https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/DbLessGreyListingRun
https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/LenasConfig

For me Sendmail is a blackbox controlled with incantations learnt by rote,
Postfix is like choosing from menu in a restaurant,
Exim is like a well-equipped kitchen where I can cook what I want. :)