Re: [exim] Is Exim easier to customize than Postfix?

Author: Kurt Jaeger
To: Frank Abel Cancio Bello
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Is Exim easier to customize than Postfix?
Hi!

> One can read everywhere that Exim is more flexible than Postfix. I'm
> interpreting those comments as: "out the box Exim can be more customized as
> well as flexible than Postfix just changing configuration variables".

There's perl integration into exim, which I find very refreshing.

If you want to do impossible things, just code a perl function
to implement it and hook into a exim 'transport' or exim 'router'.
No need to recompile exim 8-}

> But in case that I need do things that are not possible do it with the out
> the box configuration variables (I'm thinking in the integration of custom
> logic very deep inside the MTA mechanism) is still Exim a better option
> than Postfix for that?

I have only little operational experience with postfix (a few boxes),
and much more with exim and I could do much more with exim.

--
pi@???            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !