Re: [exim] Is Exim easier to customize than Postfix?

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Is Exim easier to customize than Postfix?
On Sat, Aug 08, 2015 at 09:50:48AM -0400, Frank Abel Cancio Bello wrote:
> But in case that I need do things that are not possible do it with the out
> the box configuration variables (I'm thinking in the integration of custom
> logic very deep inside the MTA mechanism) is still Exim a better option
> than Postfix for that?

You can't get definite answer unless you explain what you want to do.

The depth of diggering into "MTA mechanics" may be different. Exim has
its own scripting language, quite powerful, with ability to open network
connections, run executables and so on. But this is not enauph to make
extensions to SMTP protocol (for example), this requires code hacking.
--
Eugene Berdnikov