Re: [exim] Is Exim easier to customize than Postfix?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Is Exim easier to customize than Postfix?
On 08/08/15 14:50, Frank Abel Cancio Bello wrote:
> One can read everywhere that Exim is more flexible than Postfix. I'm
> interpreting those comments as: "out the box Exim can be more customized as
> well as flexible than Postfix just changing configuration variables".
>
> But in case that I need do things that are not possible do it with the out
> the box configuration variables (I'm thinking in the integration of custom
> logic very deep inside the MTA mechanism) is still Exim a better option
> than Postfix for that?

I can't comment on the Postfix aspects, but Exim provides for callouts
to databases, external socket-connected daemons, embedded Perl and
dynamically-loaded libraries. Some of these options require compilation
time enabling.

Documentation:
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/index.html
--