Re: [exim] Anti SPAM Exim configuration

Author: Mike Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Anti SPAM Exim configuration
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 11:39:53PM +0200, Alexander Prohorenko wrote:
> Tony,
>
> What can you advise, except spending hours daily filtering mail from
> SPAM manually?
>
> Unfortunetly, SpamAssassin doesn't work good enough for me, I'm able
> to filter not more than 70% of SPAM. I recieve about 30 SPAM messages
> daily for one mailbox.

Yesterday I received 168 spams (which I know is less than many people) and
114 non-spams with no false positives or negatives. On average I'll get one
or two false negatives a week but fewer false positives.

Make sure you have SA set up as well as you can. It is useful to run it in
debug mode (-D) and manually run messages through. Make sure bayes, DNS and
auto lists are working (can write to the right directories, perl mods
installed etc). Use the latest SA and see if you can set up razor too. Train
the bayesian stuff with a decent sized corpus of spam too.

It'll take a little time to pick a suitable threshold and for the autolists to
learn.

Mike
--
Mike Richardson