Re: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Inter…

Author: kmb
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Internet.
Kevin,

Having done both at one time or another, I have to agree with
Edgar to a degree, other than the points #4-6 that Mark makes in his
email.

> 4. Primary filtering and scanning with no licence fee on M$ apps...
> 5. Unix box does mail queuing when you need to take the Exchange
> store
> offline to do maintence...?
> 6. Better logging?

As long as it is properly configured ( and it is easy to misconfigure
with one mouse click) and behind a properly configured firewall. It
comes down to a personal choice I guess. I do my very best to stay a
way from exposing any MS system to the internet when every possible.
Not because of any known flaws that they have but because of the
unknown flaws! Ya just never know when that next MS code update
"security fix" is going to open another hole...

--
kmb

Kevin Barrett
Administrator -- Exim-Users.org Portal And Forums
Exim-users email list to forum gateway
Come Join us at 'The Exim-Users Forums' (http://www.exim-users.org)

kmb's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1
View this thread: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587