Re: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Inter…

Author: Steve Thomas
To: Kevin Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Internet.
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:26:50PM -0700, Kevin Reed is rumored to have said:

> Is there a document or website that has a good hit list of why this is
> a bad idea.

I don't work with Exchange, so I can't say that this is a verified fact, but I read somewhere (NANOG maybe?) that Exchange requires SMB communication with the client. That in itself would be enough to convince me not to put it on the 'net.

If they're concern is having access to their Exchange calendars and other stuff, use the web client - "Outlook for the web" or some such thing. I believe it comes with Exchange.

--
"The difference between pornography and erotica is lighting."
- Gloria Leonard