[Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Internet.

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] OT - Why you should not put Exchange on the Internet.
I've run into 3 people at the same time today that have decided they
want to do their own email and want to use Exchange on the Internet directly.

I know that this is not a good idea, but not being an Exchange admin, I
don't have a good list of reasonable reasons why this is a bad idea.

Is there a document or website that has a good hit list of why this is
a bad idea.

We have exchange servers here, but we have them all behind Unix servers. I
already have a list of reasons why I wouldn't put them on the Internet
directly, but I'm sure there is a much better conviencing list.

If you prefer to send them to me offlist, I will recap later to the list
if desired.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums