RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

Author: Thomas Kinghorn
To: 'Richard.Hall', exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
me to ;o)

Regards,

Tom Kinghorn
DNS Administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard.Hall [mailto:richard.hall@ingenta.com]
Sent: 30 June 2003 01:55
To: exim-users@???

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Richard.Hall wrote:

[...]
> I'm running Exim 4.12 on Solaris 8. A misconfigured Exchange server is
> sending me a HELO name with an underscore in it.

[...]

Can I just say thanks to the many people who responded, both on- and off-
list, with information and advice. As a result, I will be continuing
with the battle for a bit longer ...

Talking of battles, I'll just say that it was never my intention that this
query degenerate into a "debate" about reverse DNS, though given how often
that particular debate resurfaces on this list, I'm not surprised that it
did. I'm staying well out of it :-)

Richard