Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:49:34 +0100 (BST) "Richard.Hall" <richard.hall@???> wrote:
> Changing our "name" complicates things for us.

> d) tell them how to reconfigure Exchange to behave properly - except that
>    I don't know how - so does anyone else know how to do it?

it used to be the case that if you wanted to change an NT server name, you
essentially had to be rebuild the server from scratch. i remember making
our MCSE do that for his exchange server a couple of startups ago; it was
great fun, especially because the old version of M$ SQL server would barf
if there was a - in the name, so our MCSE rebuilt it twice, once to change
_ to -, and once to get rid of -

cheers,
  richard
--