Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Cory Daehn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
> According to my MCSE docs, you're never supposed to put an underscore or a
> space into an NT server's name anyway, so this person is obviously brain
> dead and needs to be hit with the clue stick.

Happen to have a link for this? The network admin where I work has put a _
in the name of 2 NT servers. I already complained about it when he asked me
to put it in DNS.

> Block their mail. :) I do so myself, with no handy error message that
> explains the problem... 90% of the mails that comes from ms servers with
> underscores or spaces in the name are spam anyway. Oh, and I agree, send
> them to a web form.

At the moment, the server I admin at work does. I've been forced by people
who'd rather not be compliant to receive more legit email than to have
people fix problems to allow stupid stuff like this. However, this is not
one that I gave a hint on being able to work around.