Re: [Exim] Mailing lists

Author: davidturetsky
To: exim-users
Well, I'm in Baltimore, Maryland (they ran me out of New York City some
years ago). Frankly this list and earlier, a linux list have both been
especially helpful. I'm afraid as a practical matter, I have to work my way
up the learning curve, with what help I can garner from user groups such as
this and web or printed documentation. The local university with which I
am/was affiliated, the University of Baltimore, abandoned a limited unix
effort a few years ago and indeed, the state forced them to abandon a
computer science curriculum entirely as duplicative of other campuses

I also think it's important I develop in-house (read: me) unix skills to the
extent that my effort favors that resource for a variety of practical and
policy reasons. This is a solo effort, thinly funded, and run out of my
bedroom

I do not anticipate unusual problems (but perhaps some usual ones) dealing
with a potential ISP bulk mail limit, particularly if I am using a script,
and perhaps, with exim. It seems to me it is readily addressable by putting
another loop inside the one in your script, incorporating msn's 64 address
limit, if indeed they are enforcing it at the server

My ISP for richsob.com, in western Canada, seems to also be a mom and pop
effort, and while knowledgeable, he is only available in the most limited
way

David