Re: [Exim] Mailing lists

Author: davidturetsky
To: exim-users
I've downloaded mutt and mh and will have a look

It's interesting though, how exim can so readily directly handle the MUA
function in this case, whether through the alias function or using simple
but powerful scripts

My requirements are really quite simple: extract requests to join the list
which I do with 2 lines in vim examining the mail spool; sending mail to the
list, using exim/alias or exim/script. It's all a one-way broadcast, no
archives, so while I continue to look at every other packaged option that
present itself, they all seem to have considerable requirements, either at
some server, or in incremental complexity, and in any event still require
exim or equivalent. I think it makes sense to continue to assess other
options, but I wonder if I now don't already have an 'optimal' solution in
hand

Many thanks to all for the enlightening discussion and helpfulness

David