Re: [Exim] Mailing lists

Author: Dave C.
To: davidturetsky
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mailing lists
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, davidturetsky wrote:

> I've downloaded mutt and mh and will have a look
>
> It's interesting though, how exim can so readily directly handle the MUA
> function in this case, whether through the alias function or using simple
> but powerful scripts

Well, in the case of a script, the script is functioning as a crude
single-purpose MUA, making calls upong the MTA (exim). In the case of
using aliases, that really is an MTA function.

You could probably use Netscape or pine to accomplish similar things,
but thousands of email addresses in a distribution list may quite
possibly be beyond either..

My suggestion to find a local unix/linux/email/exim guru stands.. You
might even find one on this list, if you announce your approximate
geographic location.

By the way I saw reference to richsob.com in one of your emails -
whoever hosts that domain may also be able to help you - if they are a
professional ISP they should know about unix email.