Re: [Exim] Mailing lists

Author: Dave C.
To: davidturetsky
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mailing lists
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, davidturetsky wrote:

> Yes, I was using a real address, but 'postmaster' and 'root' nevertheless
> showed up in the spool containing error messages
>
> Why are 'real names' precluded? Isn't this just a 'simple' substitution?
> Such a proscription is surely not a limitation of your script. What problem
> is presented with exim?

Because the RCPT TO: command specifies part of the SMTP envelope, not
RFC-822 header lines, and should contain actual email addresses
only. Since they wont show up in the headers when the recipients get
them, it shouldnt matter for your case..

> Speaking of spools, in designing for a large volume of messages, I enabled
> the multiple spool feature. After first poring through 62 spools to find
> pending mail, I then did rmdir /etc/.../* and got a message pointing me to
> remaining files. Is there a cleaner approach?

exim -bp will show all messages waiting in exim's queue..