Re: [exim] Avoiding bounces

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Avoiding bounces

On Sat, 2018-05-26 at 09:03 +0200, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Well, unfortunately this address catches many Spam/junk E-Mails and, of
> course, my Exim (4.88) tries to forward them.
> Virus are blocked and will __NOT__ be forwarded, but Spam is some other and,
> of course, I cannot be sure if an E-Mail is Spam or not, so I have to forward
> it...

I disagree, based on my 9? years of happy, contented and grateful usage
of Exim.

If you reject emails from MTAs having no rDNS or no resolving HELO (or
EHLO) names or having a HELO name that is different from the sending
MTA's host name, most of your spam will not reach your users.

I then take additional Exim-based spam-repulsion activities and only get
ONE spam perhaps every few weeks, despite having 5 incoming MTAs in 3
countries.

Do not do nothing and let yourself become a willing victim of spam.

--
Kind regard,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.