Re: [exim] Avoiding bounces

Author: Klaus Maria Pfeiffer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Avoiding bounces
On 05/26/2018 09:03 AM, Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users wrote:
> My problem: I have an "info@"-address that forwards the E-Mails to other
> It results in many bounces in my Exim-queue.

to avoid that issue on my MX I use dovecot as LDA
https://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Exim and redirect via sieve with original
recipient.

sieve_redirect_envelope_from = orig_recipient

redirect in sieve is done based on envelope-to header.

lda_original_recipient_header = Envelope-to

to avoid redirection of bounces, add before-filter to directly save in
inbox.

;=== /etc/dovecot/sieve/before/20-Mailer-Daemon.sieve ==
require ["fileinto"];

# rule:[Mailer-Daemon]
if allof (address "From" "Mailer-Daemon@<your mx hostname>")
{
        fileinto "INBOX";
}
;===

this is also more or less what Sven describes in
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/de.comm.software.mailserver/JA1tBzqYH1U/B_4GJ4JaCwAJ

btw, due to your homebase is Germany, think of DSGVO and AVV, I'm not
sure if such forwarding is allowed.

gre3tings, Klaus

--
Klaus Maria Pfeiffer