Re: [exim] Avoiding bounces

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Avoiding bounces
On 26/05/18 15:05, Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users wrote:
> Well, this "info@"-address is a forward to many recipients, not just one...

Oh, a mail-exploder. OK, no cutthrough routing possible. This is
effectively a mailinglist, and you need to put real effort into
curating it. Things like: on the slightest evidence of dodgyness
- including, but not limited to, bad rDNS, bad HELO, bad dnsbl,
bad sender-verify-callout, perhaps even unwhitelisted-senders -
divert to a quarantine queue for manual vetting.

And consider just rejecting on those grounds, too.

Or, as Lena suggests, for Google use a POP-sucker rather than
SMTP forwarding. But that means telling Google some credentials
for your box, and providing POP access (I strongly suggest you
create a/some dedicated account(s) for that, with the credentials not
used for any other purpose). We are, of course, assuming you
have control of the Google account(s) concerned.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy