Re: [exim] rewrite incorrect date headers from email clients

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] rewrite incorrect date headers from email clients
On 26/05/18 20:52, Sebastian Nielsen via Exim-users wrote:
> How I do to rewrite the date header from email clients in exim4 config
> so it are replaced with the server date/time?
>
> The problem is that some clients and software are submitting an
> incorrect date header (like 1 jan 1960) causing the email to be
> delivered to the bottom of user's clients and sometimes sorted as spam
> due to the incorrect date.
>
> So I would want to replace the incorrect header with an correct one
> fetched from the server time.
> How can this be accomplished?

Your main problem will be deciding when to do this.
Date/time formats are notoriously fluid.

However, once you've made that decision, remove-header
and add-header operations are available in ACLs. Look in
the ACL chapter in the manual. Obviously for the add
you will need to construct something; look at the
string-expansions chapter.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy