Re: [exim] Spam getting through even though sa-exim is suppo…

Author: Dave Restall - System Administrator,,,
To: exim-users
CC: mark
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam getting through even though sa-exim is supposedly configured to reject
Hi Mark,

> I have what seems to me to be a rather weird problem. My users are
> complaining that they are receiving spam, which contains the following
> spamassassin content warning:

Snip...

> So - why is this spam getting through instead of being rejected? Am I
> missing something obvious here?

As a long time Debian User (1996) may I humbly suggest that you
ditch Debian's implementation, download the latest versions of exim,
spamassassin and clamav from the web and build them all from source.
It all just works as per the manual and you'll get a better understanding
of how it all hangs together. I've always done this with Debian -
(I use it as a high quality base). YMMV of course.

Out of the box and for simple situations, Debian's way sort of works -
but it's always been a compromise to try and be everything to all users.

I fully expect to get flamed for the above so apologies to the rest of
the list - the amount of confusion caused by Debian's exim (and other
packages) 'way of doing things' is legendary`.

Regards,

lists/exim/users/2011-10-12.tx                         exim-users

| Dave Restall, Computer Nerd, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger          |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave@???                     Web : Not Ready Yet :-(       |

| Oh don't the days seem lank and long                                       |
|     When all goes right and none goes wrong,                               |
| And isn't your life extremely flat                                         |
|     With nothing whatever to grumble at!                                   |