Re: [exim] Spam getting through even though sa-exim is suppo…

Author: Mark Goodge
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam getting through even though sa-exim is supposedly configured to reject
On 12/10/2011 11:04, Dominic Benson wrote:

> Have a look in the configuration file used by Exim to see what's in there.
>
> In Debian and similar, it is actually at
> /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated, and built out of *either*
> /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template *or* /etc/exim4/conf.d/ - sa-exim puts a
> config file at /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/15_sa-exim_plugin_path - which
> will enable it if you use split config. If you don't use the split
> config, you have to enable it by hand.
>
> The config option used to enable sa-exim is local_scan_path, and should
> point to your sa-exim.so

Thanks, that's helpful. It is a split config, and
/etc/exim4/conf.d/main/15_sa-exim_plugin_path contains the following line:

local_scan_path = /usr/lib/exim4/local_scan/sa-exim.so

So I'm presuming that does mean it's using sa-exim.conf? Which is what
I'd expect, but brings me back to square one as to why the setting in
sa-exim.conf isn't being honoured. This is for mail to "normal"
addresses, so it should be getting caught by the override for
postmaster, etc.

> To use SA directly, the spamd_address option is used.
>
> Enabling SAEximDebug (temporarily!) would help you get more info if you
> can't find the problem. I'm pretty sure its output ends up in the Exim
> mainlog.

Yes, I've done that. I'll have a look and see what it's showing.

Cheers

Mark
--
Sent from my Babbage Difference Engine