Re: [exim] delay the sending of larger messages

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] delay the sending of larger messages
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Oliver Howe wrote:

> From: Oliver Howe <ojhowe@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:15:52
> Subject: [exim] delay the sending of larger messages
>
> Is it possible to tell Exim to delay the sending of messages if
> they are over a certain size (and under the message_size_limit
> value)?

Yes. See the fine manual, Chapter 15:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch15.html

Read the description for the "condition" option. You'll probably
want something like:

condition = ${if or { \
                     {< {$message_size}{10M}} \
                     {> {$message_age}{600}} \
                    }

which I haven't tested in any way, shape or form.  So remember this
advice is worth exactly what you paid for it :-)
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101