Re: [exim] Spam getting through even though sa-exim is suppo…

Author: Dominic Benson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam getting through even though sa-exim is supposedly configured to reject
On 12/10/11 10:39, exim-users@??? wrote:
> On 12/10/11 10:35, Mark Goodge wrote:
>
>>> You need to configure Exim to reject the email. Exim asks SpamAssassin
>>> if the email is spam or not, but SpamAssassin doesn't have the
>>> capability of rejecting mail, it only has the capability of reporting on
>>> whether or not the message is spam.
>>>
>>> Show us the Exim configuration that you're using to call SpamAssassin.
>> Isn't that what /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf does?
> I don't know, because I don't know what's in that file.

A couple of possibilities spring to mind:
      1) SAEximRejCond evalutes to false - see sa-exim.conf, essentially
it can disable rejection based on some criteria (e.g. mail to postmaster)
      2) You're actually calling Spamassassin directly from Exim, not
via sa-exim at all.

Have a look in the configuration file used by Exim to see what's in there.

In Debian and similar, it is actually at
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated, and built out of *either*
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template *or* /etc/exim4/conf.d/ - sa-exim puts a
config file at /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/15_sa-exim_plugin_path - which
will enable it if you use split config. If you don't use the split
config, you have to enable it by hand.

The config option used to enable sa-exim is local_scan_path, and should
point to your sa-exim.so

To use SA directly, the spamd_address option is used.

Enabling SAEximDebug (temporarily!) would help you get more info if you
can't find the problem. I'm pretty sure its output ends up in the Exim
mainlog.