Re: [exim] Spam getting through even though sa-exim is suppo…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam getting through even though sa-exim is supposedly configured to reject
Dave Restall - System Administrator,,, <dave@???> wrote:
[...]
> As a long time Debian User (1996) may I humbly suggest that you
> ditch Debian's implementation, download the latest versions of exim,
> spamassassin and clamav from the web and build them all from source.
> It all just works as per the manual and you'll get a better understanding
> of how it all hangs together. I've always done this with Debian -
> (I use it as a high quality base). YMMV of course.

[...]

I really wonder what the benefits of manually building exim, spamassassin
and clamav are. There is really no problem with using the binary exim
packages and using a hand built configuration in
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf. Handbuilt packages have a very strong downside
imho. - You will need to handle security updates on your own.
cu andreas