Re: [exim] Avoiding backscatter spam generation when forward…

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Reid Priedhorsky
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Avoiding backscatter spam generation when forwarding to external hosts
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Reid Priedhorsky <reid@???> wrote:

> I have a few e-mail aliases that forward to external hosts. Currently, if
> the external host rejects a message, Exim generates a bounce message and
> sends it to the original sender. This is bad because if the external host
> rejects the message as spam (a common case), then I'm a source of
> backscatter spam.
>
> Thus, if the sender is non-local and the e-mail has a non-local destination,
> I'd like to send the bounce to postmaster (me) instead.

Chapter 15 of the exim spec. Look for "errors_to".

However you will break legitimate bounces. As long as you understand
that, I guess it's your system, your rules.

Regards...         Todd

--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the