Re: [exim] exim 4.67 and queue processing

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.67 and queue processing
On Monday 23 July 2007 20:07, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On Friday 20 July 2007 23:48, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> > I am using exim 4.67 and have just noticed that - in my case - it no
> > longer picks up queued emails belonging to the same domain when I deliver
> > an email manually by using exim -d -M [MESSAGE_ID].
>
> I'm actually not sure that it's supposed to do that (at least the spec,
> chapter 5, doesn't say that it will). I think what can happen is that if
> there are one or more (which can happen when there are many messages
> queued) queue runners running when a message is successfully delivered
> using exim -M, the retry record is cleared and one of the queue runners
> very soon pick up the rest of the messages and it will look like they were
> all delivered in one batch.

No, wait. I'm pretty sure now that queue runners have nothing to do with it. I
think it happens when a message is delivered that has *at least one other
recipient left to be delivered to*. At least I *think* that it's consistent
with my observations. If I'm right, that does look like a bug.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)