[exim] Exim Timeout.. Mail Queue Backed Up.

Author: Andrew Rosolino
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim Timeout.. Mail Queue Backed Up.

Ok we have a serious problem.. there is over 9,000 messages in the mail queue
and a lot of them are over 4 days old!! I dont understand why there is
messages over 4days in it because we have it set up like so.

delay_warning = 100d
queue_run_max = 15
deliver_queue_load_max = 5
auto_thaw = 1d
ignore_bounce_errors_after = 2d
timeout_frozen_after = 3d

Then we have another problem and I think this might be the issue.. we tried
to process the 4 day ones and they almost all came back as this:

Message 1IJYcA-0006Ng-Gy is not frozen
delivering 1IJYcA-0006Ng-Gy
Connecting to mail.x.cn [211.151.238.169]:25 ... failed: Connection timed
out (timeout=5m)
LOG: MAIN
mail.x.cn [211.151.238.169] Connection timed out
LOG: MAIN
== daikai@??? R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed
out

So it tried to send the message for 5 minutes and then timedout and kept the
message on the list? I am assuming it keeps trying to process these messages
and wasteing 5 minutes on each one.. why doesnt it just delete them if they
timeout.

Or how can I make it timeout after 1 minute instead of 5.

Looking forward to some help on this matter.

Andrew