Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
Sometime around Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:56:08 +0200, it may be that Johann
Spies wrote:
> I have not implemented greylisting so far. Maybe it is time to do
> so. I am not quite convinced that it is an unmixed blessing. Can
> somebody convince me?

I don't much like the idea of greylisting for ordinary mail servers ...
the ones that tick all the boxes in behaving properly. But it does
sound like a great way of dealing with mail 'servers' that are coming
from suspicious sources, or are doing suspicious things, but not bad
enough to block outright.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security