Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Author: Peter Velan
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
am 2006-10-24 08:56 schrieb Johann Spies:
> Last week on Friday I started to use dnslists:
>
> deny    message     = rejected because $sender_host_address \
>                       is in a black list at $dnslist_domain\n\
>                       $dnslist_text
>         dnslists    = sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org : relays.ordb.org : dnsbl.njabl.org

>From a total of 404899 connections we rejected 291450. After a bunch of

HELO|hostname|IP rejects we check the sender-IP against some dnslists:

 2571 dnsbl.njabl.org
 6414 dynablock.njabl.org
19442 sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
  720 list.dsbl.org
    7 relays.ordb.org
-----
29154

The check against relays.ordb.org is not (more) worth the effort. The
big era of open relays seems to be a thing of the past. May be the low
number for relays.ordb.org results from the fact, that this list is the
last one in my dnslist-definition.

Greetings,
Peter