Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Author: christoph.kliemt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
Moin!

Odhiambo Washington <wash@???> writes:

>     "Junk mail is war. RFCs do not apply."
>         --Wietse Venema

Wietse... i do not like him, but in this special case he is right.

> Hello!
>
> With the recent upsurge of spam, I am strongly compelled to ask:
>
> Is there anyone on this list who can afford to brag about the
> effectiveness of their spam filtering techniques?

No way to win with "filtering", computer are (afaik, till now) not
able to understand the content of eMails. The only and one thing that
can not be forged is the ip where the email comes from. Any questions?

> (With the exception of Marc Perkel ;))

the kindergarten guy?

[...]

> It's becoming evident, day by day, that the war against spam is almost
> a full time job ;)

Hmm... ask a simple question: "where does it come from?". Life is much
easier then.

[...]

> So much time and resources are consumed by spammers that we need to
> declare spam as the "third world war".

wash... think about that statement, ok?

regards,

Christoph