Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
Johann Spies wrote:

*snip*

> I have not implemented greylisting so far. Maybe it is time to do so. I
> am not quite convinced that it is an unmixed blessing. Can somebody
> convince me?
>
> Regards
> Johann

Try it and log the aitch out of the other 'factors' of what it blocks.

My bet is that after any significant period of observation you will find that
anything it blocked you could have blocked w/o delay anyway, and anything it let
in you would have let in w/o delay anyway *even if* you would have blocked it
later. As soem will be. Zombie farms are often programmed to run successive
waves of attack.

So - aside fom delaying 'virgin' visitors, and generating what *appear to be*
attractive stats, I don't see the point.

YMMV, YOMD

Bill