Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users @ exim. org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell
Daevid Vincent wrote:
> You make it sound so easy. I already pay $110 per month for comcast TV
> and cable internet. Adding additional ISP charges is not really a good
> idea. Plus one doesn't always have a choice. Comcast is the ONLY cable
> provider for me.

As others are pointing out, ISP and email services are separable.
While you may not be able to pay any less to Comcast, an external
ESP is cheap (the company I admin for is GBP 25 /yr for a basic
account, and I doubt we're the only one around).

You *do* have a choice. Even if Comcast gets around to blocking
tcp/25 outbound, a competent ESP will accept smarthosted mail
on other ports.

- Jeremy