RE: [exim] environment variable patch

Autor: Eli
A: exim-users
CC: 'Sub Zero', 'Darren Casey'
Assumpte: RE: [exim] environment variable patch
Marc wrote:
> Everything you're doing with these environment variables in
> the not-smtp ACL can also be accomplished with the -D command
> line option.

Really? How is that exactly? When a CGI script (Perl let's say) runs and
sends out a piece of email... I have absolutely no "catch" I can perform
aside from writing a wrapper script for my "sendmail" program (but what's to
stop them and find out where Exim is installed and do a direct call that
way) to be able to track what domain it came from, what script called it, or
anything else for that matter.

As far as I know, the patch I have *is* the only way to truly accomplish
what you need to 100% track sent email from a local webserver.

Please provide working examples if you know ways to do this without the
patch - I don't really like having to maintain/use a patch if it's not
required.

Eli.