RE: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell

Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
A: Daevid Vincent
CC: exim-list
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell
On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 14:07 -0800, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> > Why not use Comcast's smarthost? [..]
>
> You answered your own question... If Hotmail is blocking Comcast, then
> it's equally useless. I've just traded one problem for another.
> Concidering a majority of people (that I know at least) use Hotmail,
> it's an even worse "solution".

if pandering to Hotmail is important to you, find a different smart
host. e.g. we allow all alumni to use our server as their smarthost,
regardless of ISP connection. one free alternative is gmail.com, for
instance.

http://typo.submonkey.net/articles/2005/09/09/use-gmail-as-a-smart-host

(I haven't tried this myself.)

> I'm trying to do things right, within the budget and knowledge
> limitations I have. Why are so many people on this list so elitist? You
> remind me of the Linux zelots who are so snobby, they sabotage their own
> OS to spite Microsoft Windows or Mac OSX.

we're not elitist, we're just tired of the abuse coming in from the
Internet. we just had to set up a seventh MX host. the reason for this
may be that we do _not_ block residential IP addresses, we just impose
harsh delays which seem to foil many of the shoddily written SMTP
engines in e-mail worms.
--
Kjetil T.