Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell
Tony Godshall wrote:

> My IP is not dynamic, but it may well be in the middle of a
> dynamic block. Those who block me on this basis are f**kin
> corporatists ;-P

I had not found the need to block anyone on that basis.

But a professional mailadmin/sysdamin does not have an entirely free hand.

Quite aside from a growing list of often contradictory regulations and
upstream ToS,
- nearly impossible to keep abreast of - we are also expected to act as
a 'prudent man' would act.

That last part is easier, and includes avoiding obvious hazards to our
clientele.

You have proved the very point you are fretting about - that there are
too many
folk who are either clueless, rebellious, oblivious, hostile, arrogant,
all of the above,
or otherwise non-cooperative running MTA's on the fringe of the net.

And the net can't run without cooperation.

HELO 'Dude' wants 'togo@???'?

Granted. And the horse you rode in on.

Bill Hacker