Re: [exim] Exim server behind NAT router (and HELO)

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim server behind NAT router (and HELO)
At 3:00 pm -0800 2005/03/25, Steve Lamb wrote:
>Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>> Having said so, why on this list if one posts a pertinent question
>> about, say, exim delivery to cyrus, oh how uninterested I am!, one gets
>> one or two replies, whilst for these well known semi-irrelevant topics
>> the flood-gates open?
>> [this was a rethorical question that does not need a reply!]
>
>     I'll answer anyway. Because getting exim to deliver to Cyrus is a
>technical matter with one correct answer.  If the answer isn't correct,
>delivery doesn't happen.  Once the correct answer is provided there really
>isn't further need for discussion; the problem is solved.

well, the answer is not just one and some answers that can be found
searching are indeed not completely correct (see my comments on the
callout parameters in the relevant thread).

And to a similar argument, the possible existence of a bug in the
callout code (or in the routers implementation). Either it is my
misinterpretation or a syntax error of mine, or there is a bug, and
you (well, I) would expect more reactivity from the list. These are
important and relevant matters, but that, of course, is just my
opinion...
(not that I do not read and participate to more funny and
controversial topics too!)

Giuliano