Re: [exim] Exim server behind NAT router (and HELO)

Author: Steve Lamb
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim server behind NAT router (and HELO)
Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> Having said so, why on this list if one posts a pertinent question
> about, say, exim delivery to cyrus, oh how uninterested I am!, one gets
> one or two replies, whilst for these well known semi-irrelevant topics
> the flood-gates open?
> [this was a rethorical question that does not need a reply!]

    I'll answer anyway. Because getting exim to deliver to Cyrus is a
technical matter with one correct answer.  If the answer isn't correct,
delivery doesn't happen.  Once the correct answer is provided there really
isn't further need for discussion; the problem is solved.

    Meanwhile discussion on how one should do things and react to things where
no single correct answer exists we are discussing preferences and how much, or
little, relevance they have to the system as a whole.  As a result there a
many different answers with a varying degree of correctness based on the
specifics of the individual transactions.  In that climate there is much more
to discuss and disagree upon.