Re: [exim] local_part_suffix = -* not working for recipient …

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] local_part_suffix = -* not working for recipient verify?
At 1:20 pm -0800 2005/03/25, Fred Viles wrote:
>On 25 Mar 2005 at 22:00, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote about
>     "[exim] local_part_suffix = -* not w":

>| it appears that
>|
>|    local_part_suffix_optional
>|    local_part_suffix = -*
>|
>| is not applied when routers are working in recipient verify mode.

>If that were true, verify=recipient wouldn't work for anybody with a
>suffixed name. IOW, suffixed names would basically not work at all.

I am talking about callouts, not strict local (from the point of view
of exim) deliveries. They have to be callouts because
check_local_user cannot be used in this case.

>| cyrus_ltcp_overtcp:
>|    driver = accept
>|    domains = +local_domains
>|    local_part_suffix_optional
>|    local_part_suffix = -*
>|    transport = cyrus_ltcp
>| #    verify_only = true

>I don't see any local_part checking there. So I would expect this
>router to accept any & all local parts, suffixed or not.
>
>What are you expecting to happen, and what is actually happening?

as I said, the local_part checking is done by verify =
recipient/callout=no_cache in the RCPT acl.
Note that the other use of recipient callouts, namely the relay
server case, will not be affected by this, as the destination server
will accept the suffixed addresses. Unless, of course, it uses cyrus
for local (or non local) deliveries... I do not know if it is
possible to configure cyrus to recognise suffixes, but this is not my
point anyway.

Giuliano