Re: [exim] local_part_suffix = -* not working for recipient …

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] local_part_suffix = -* not working for recipient verify?
At 2:01 am +0100 2005/03/26, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>At 1:20 pm -0800 2005/03/25, Fred Viles wrote:

[...]
>>If that were true, verify=recipient wouldn't work for anybody with a
>>suffixed name. IOW, suffixed names would basically not work at all.
>
>I am talking about callouts, not strict local (from the point of
>view of exim) deliveries. They have to be callouts because
>check_local_user cannot be used in this case.

where was my head when I wrote that paragraph?
I meant:

for non strictly local deliveries, those for which check_local_user
cannot be used (as the cyrus ones I was writing about), verify =
recipient is not sufficient to check the local_part. In this case a
verify = recipient/callout must be used and it is in this mode
(verification) that the router appears to ignore local_part_suffix*.