Re: [exim] local_part_suffix = -* not working for recipient …

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] local_part_suffix = -* not working for recipient verify?
On 25 Mar 2005 at 22:00, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote about
    "[exim] local_part_suffix = -* not w":

| it appears that
|
|     local_part_suffix_optional
|     local_part_suffix = -*
|
| is not applied when routers are working in recipient verify mode.

If that were true, verify=recipient wouldn't work for anybody with a
suffixed name. IOW, suffixed names would basically not work at all.

| cyrus_ltcp_overtcp:
|     driver = accept
|     domains = +local_domains
|     local_part_suffix_optional
|     local_part_suffix = -*
|     transport = cyrus_ltcp
| #    verify_only = true

I don't see any local_part checking there. So I would expect this
router to accept any & all local parts, suffixed or not.

What are you expecting to happen, and what is actually happening?

| cyrus_ltcp:
|     driver = smtp
|     protocol = lmtp
|     hosts = localhost