Re: [exim] Spamassassin forgets to scan some mails

Author: Oliver Kötter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spamassassin forgets to scan some mails

On Do, 24.03.2005, 18:56, Troy Engel sagte:
> Oliver Kötter wrote:
>>>
>>>     batch_max = 5

>> OK, I did the changes. I only have a virtual server, so a lot of RAM is

not an option ;-)

> See any noticable changes in missed spam-checks?

no, unfortunately not. I also did a --max-children=1 in
/etc/default/spamassassin. Did not help, so I think it is not a matter of
load.

>> 400_exim4-config_system_aliases
>> 850_exim4-config_spamcheck_router
>
> Warning, I'm not an exim-debian user so this is a little different to

me; all mine are inside exim.conf. But, if what I understand
> is correct, you would rename 850_exim4-config_spamcheck_router to

395_exim4-config_spamcheck_router.

> Also, edit that spamcheck router itself and comment out the
> "check_local_user" option. You *have* to do this, since you'll be

running the spam filter *before* any alias expansion, so things have a
high chance of breaking.

Woohooo.... this helped! Not one missed spam mail since I made the
changes- Could you explain to me what exactly these changes do?

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it!

Oliver