Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: John Palmer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, John Palmer wrote:

> As far as I am concerned, the SPAM problem is solved.

It seems to me that most of the complaints about CR systems are about
bugs in the implementation. A challenge ought not be sent to a
non-personal address, for example. Duh.

The legitimate complaint is the one about spoofed addresses. But, I
read that 1,000,000 domains have published their data in SPF in less
than a year. So SPF has the potential of closing that hole.

I can understand that people who have devoted a lot of energy to
content-scanning would get hot under the collar about this. CR
systems are spam-deflectors, while the old methods are spam-absorbers.

But, what happens if SFP becomes viable and we all do CR? Isn't the
spam problem then solved?

Marilyn Davis