Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
John Palmer wrote:
> > TDMA is not part of the solution -- it's part of the problem.

Agreed

> According to my EXIM logs, very few (in fact its rare) that the e-mail
> is actually accepted by the recipient's MTA. Its spammers creating random
> addresses that are not valid. When I say 90-95%, I mean "a large number,
> almost
> all", not that I counted them and am giving you an exact number.

Then why don't you do verification instead of attempting to send out that
90%?

> As far as I'm concerned, I and my users have a right to control who
> has access to their inbox and they can challenge anyone who wants to
> dump something into it.

I don't like challenges. If I receive them from someone I sent email to, I
ignore it. If I receive then from someone who was spammed by someone using
my address, I respond to it so they will receive the spam. If someone spams
you using my address 1000 times and I see many challenges, I will ban your
ip/domain and report it as spam to your provider

> As far as I am concerned, the SPAM problem is solved.

As stated before, it's not solved, it's a problem. It's like cutting off
your leg if you break your ankle.

Anyone know of any spamcop spamtraps? What would happen if someone got a
nice list of those and started to send email to John and his system starts
spamming the spamcop addresses?