Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Marc Sherman
To: John Palmer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
John Palmer wrote:
> No, my MTA is *ATTEMPTING* to send 500 challenges a day, 90-95% of which
> NEVER leave my
> system because the return address on the spam is bogus! It never goes
> anywhere - GOT THAT?
> I said this all ready and for people who seem to know e-mail systems, you
> don't seem to bright
> on that topic.

So what you're saying is that 25-50 challenges are delivered to an
actual mailbox each day. How many of those challenges are completed by
the recipients? I'm pretty confident that it's some number less than
25-50. The difference between those two numbers is the amount of
collateral spam you send out each day, to the victims of joe jobs. And
the actual content of those challenges you're sending to those innocent
third parties is really quite offensive, John.

TDMA is not part of the solution -- it's part of the problem.

- Marc