Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Philip Hazel wrote:

> From: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
> To: Alon <js@???>
> Cc: exim-users@???
> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:53:39 +0000 (GMT)
> Subject: Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Alon wrote:
>
> > Is there a concensous here not to share knowledge?
>
> No.
>
> Have you read the Exim specification? The FAQ? Have you read my Exim 4
> book?

> I probably share my knowledge more widely by working on the Exim
> documentation, FAQ, and (when I was writing it) the book than by
> answering relatively straightforward questions here. That is why I leave
> the straightforward stuff to other people. If I did not, I'd never have
> time to work on the code.

I sometimes think the best way to respond to slightly aggressive queries
is to just give a "canned" reply along the lines of:

The best way to elicit responses to queries is to ask your question
clearly and succinctly. *And* demonstrate the work you've done to try
and find a solution. Please see:

for further guidance.

> Oh dear. I'm starting to sound like a grumpy old man. I may be old, but
> I'm not really grumpy. :-) Am I? Am I? Tell me I'm not...

Naw, you're not grumpy.  More like the model of tolerance.  Certainly so
when compared to the traffic on other mailing lists.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101