Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alon
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: copy/unseen - where to plug the code?
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Alon wrote:

> Is there a concensous here not to share knowledge?

No.

Have you read the Exim specification? The FAQ? Have you read my Exim 4
book?

If you look in the index of the book, you will find that "copying
messages" takes you to a short section that explains how to send "bcc"
copies of messages addressed to a particular person to some other
person. If you then acquire some basic knowledge of how Exim works (from
the rest of the book or from the manual), it is easy to modify the
example there by changing the conditions that select which messages are
to be copied.

If you go to the Exim 4 FAQ, follow the link to the KWIC index, and take
the letter "C", it takes you directly to Q5033 ("How can I send a copy
of all outgoing messages to another mailbox?") which describes another
way of taking copies of messages.

I probably share my knowledge more widely by working on the Exim
documentation, FAQ, and (when I was writing it) the book than by
answering relatively straightforward questions here. That is why I leave
the straightforward stuff to other people. If I did not, I'd never have
time to work on the code.

Oh dear. I'm starting to sound like a grumpy old man. I may be old, but
I'm not really grumpy. :-) Am I? Am I? Tell me I'm not...